There may be times where you'll need to type the copyright symbol, the circled C (©) on your images that you want to upload online, probably even on a text document, website or blog to indicate your copyright.
Just learnt today that it can be easily done on my iMac keyboard and thought I'd share it here.
Frankly, I've been using Mac for slightly more than 1 year now, but had not bothered to find out what keyboard keys to use to type this symbol. Can't believe that I've procrastinated far too long, choosing to remain ignorant of such a simple task, until someone wise me up on this matter.
Follow these easy steps :
Just use these combination of keys to type the copyright symbol ©
- Place your cursor where you'd like to type the symbol;
- If using a Mac, hold down Option and press G (i.e. Option+G);
- If using a window-based PC, hold down Ctrl and Alt at the same time and press C (i.e. Ctrl+Alt+C)
or alternatively, hold down Alt and type 0169 on the number pad at the right side of the keyboard (i.e. Alt+0169).
Points to note :
- You must always use the number pad at the right side of the keyboard to type 0169 on a PC, which is normally not available for laptops. You can't use the number keys at the top of the keyboard.
- Alternatively, you can copy and paste the copyright symbol from a website.