But now, with the long list of font choices made available, changing the font style and appearance of the page tabs would be a breeze! You will be spoilt with choice!
No need at all to edit the HTML of our blog's template as previously mentioned at my earlier tutorial or to tackle with custom CSS codes. Thus, I felt it'll be good to present an updated tutorial because there may be many bloggers (like me, previously) who are not aware of these high-quality, open-source web fonts that are offered by Blogger at the Template Designer.
Many thanks to the Blogger Team and the Google Web Fonts Team who have made it so simple and easy for us.
For Blogger blogs, follow these easy steps below on
how to change the font style and appearance of Page Tabs
(by selecting your preferred font family, size, style and color,
at your blog's Template Designer, using Blogger's new user interface)
- Log in to your Blogger account.
- Click either on Your Blog's Name or on the Dropdown Menu next to the Post List icon and select Template.
- At the Template page, click the Customize button below the Live on Blog image to go to Template Designer.
- At the Template Designer page, click Advanced | Tabs Text submenu to choose your preferred font style (so many font choices), to bold or to italicize and to select your font size. Here too, you can change the text color and the color of selected tab. As you make your changes, check out the results in the live preview in the lower pane to help you decide.
(Note: If you had previously added custom CSS codes related to the above, it has to be removed first to enable this to work.)
- Next, change the appearance of the Page Tabs or Pagelist by clicking the Tabs Background submenu. It will enable you to choose your page tabs' background, selected and border colors.
- When you're finally satisfied with your choices or changes, just click the Apply to Blog orange button to save changes, and the View Blog link to view them or the Back to Blogger link to exit the Template Designer.
That's all, enjoy!
Check out Greenlava's article at Blogger Sentral to get further insights on how to change other elements of the Page Tabs or Pagelist - there's much to learn, especially from the comment section where he gave solutions to problems encountered by some bloggers. God bless you, Greenlava, for your generosity!
"Keep learning~~keep smiling~~keep sharing"