It's a tiny image (16x16px) that you can have next to your web browser's window or tab to give the professional touch to your blog and make it easily identifiable.
Thanks to the Blogger team that had enabled this feature more than a year ago and simplify the process for us bloggers to install it at our blogspot. Yay... no knowledge of HTML or CSS codes required! Isn't that wonderful?
For those who are interested and yet to apply your uniquely customized favicon to your blog, just follow the steps in the tutorial below.
Here's how to easily
add your custom favicon to your blogger blog:
(using Blogger's new user interface)
- Firstly, you have to create your favicon image, using Photoshop software (or other photo editing software), or copy an image from webs offering free images. Then save it as JPEG or PNG file in your hard disk drive, ready to be used later. Preferably, it should be a square image that's less than 100KB. Though Blogger can resize a larger image to the correct dimensions, it is best that you yourself create or resize your image within the specified dimension to ascertain its clarity and crispness.
- Next, log in to your Blogger account. At Dashboard, click on the related Blog's Name that you'll be working on.
- When a page opens, choose the Layout tab on the left menu and click on it to proceed. Then click the Edit link to replace the default Blogger's icon to your own custom favicon.
- Next, the Configure Favicon window appears. Click the Browse button to choose your custom favicon that you've saved on your hard disk drive.
- The minute you upload your custom favicon file from your disk drive, your selected favourite icon will appear in the Configure Favicon window as shown in the screen shot below. If you're pleased with the result, just click Save to close the window.
- Your Blog's Layout will then be updated with your favicon image. (Note that you can change the icon whenever you desire by clicking Edit and follow the tutorial all over again).
Why don't you experiment it? Come on, let your creativity and imagination run wild. :-)
Rather easy, right! Hope this sharing had helped and made you happy.
"Keep learning ~~ keep smiling ~~ keep sharing"