The result will just be a small box, looking neat and tidy at your sidebar...no more clutter! It will expand only when clicked to view older posts.
Create a dropdown menu for monthly Blog Archives
with these simple and easy steps :
- Sign in to your Blogger account which will then lead you to the Dashboard.
- Click on Layout and the Page Elements page appears.
- Find the Blog Archive gadget and click Edit.
- For options to the right of Style, choose Dropdown Menu
- Finally, click Save to exit window when you're done.
Update: May 10 2010
An alternative way to display your archives is to create an Archives Page.
Follow my tutorial here on how to create this comprehensive and useful Table of Contents or Archives Page.