If a blogger is logged in to his/her Blogger/Google account, and uses the 'Google' as the the identity option when commenting, it will link to the blogger's profile, rather than his/her actual blog URL. You may prefer to use the ID 'Name/URL' because when the commentator clicks on your name it goes straight to your blog for more beneficial contents instead of your profile, and it'll increase your traffic hits too.
The disadvantage of using the identity option 'Google' is if the blogger has too many blogs, you won't know which blog it came from, making it difficult to reciprocate.
Using Other Identity Options instead of 'Google' when commenting is easily done as follows:(the tutorial below shows how to use the Name/URL as an alternative identity option).
- Log into your Blogger or Google account.
- Find the comment link at the end of each post to add your comment. This method can be used when commenting in your own blog or someone else's. Also, you can either type a new comment or reply to other reader's comment.
- Then choose your identity option which is found at the bottom of the text field. Do not choose the 'Google Account' as seen in the image below, as it will lead to your blog profile when a reader click on your name.
- Instead, chose the ID option 'Name/URL' by clicking on the drop-down menu arrows as shown in the image below.
- A pop-up window will appear for you to fill in your name and URL. Then click the 'Continue' button.
- In the next window, view the text at the section that says 'Reply as' and if that's what you want, then just click the 'Publish button' and your comment will be published. To test that all's well, click on your name and it should link to your blog's URL as desired. That's all you need to do.
The only undesirable element in choosing this ID option for me is that my favicon is not displayed as shown above. Well, let it be until I get some help to rectify the omission from the Blogger Product Forum.
Update 24/11/2012: Received reply from the forum that it's only possible to display my favicon if signed under Google Account! So disappointing!!
"Keep learning ~~ keep smiling ~~ keep sharing"